Cafe con Leche Plus... Social Media
Thursday, May 28th, 2009
We are in Social Media too!
Find us in:
Cafe con Leche Plus... Social Media.
Our new monthly series of networking events "Cafe con Leche Plus...", opens on May 28th with a very current and relevant subject: Social Media.
Do any of these ring true for you?
- You received invitations from business colleagues to join Linked In, from your family and friends to check their photos in Facebook.
- You heard that some of your friends or favorite stars (even Oprah!) are using Twitter.
- There are so many of these networking sites... What to do? Do you feel as though you are missing something special that could be really beneficial for your job, or is it just another frivolous waste of time?
- You already registered in some of these sites, but don't know how to use them, and may have even abandoned them.
- You are afraid these sites are not safe and your personal information will get out there for everyone to see and read.
- You are simply not a fan of sitting in front of a computer for hours, only using it to do what’s necessary for your job.
By now, just about everyone, in one way or another has heard about Social Media. But how does it relate to you? How can Social Media influence your job or business, your family and your social life?
If you are looking for a job, have your own business or just want to know what your children and friends are talking about, come join us in this session to discover what these free services are all about, and how you can use them to your benefit.
We'll tell you about LinkedIn, the professional business network site, Facebook a way to
connect with family, long lost friends and clients, and about Twitter, the microblogging site now made uber-popular by celebrities and personalities tweeting their daily life there.
- How to get started with LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter
- How to safely share the information you want to share
- Tips and best practices
- Resources where to find additional valuable information online.
Kelly Tovar Mullaney, a web professional specializing in online services for small business, start-ups and non-profits. Avid networker, Social Media enthusiast and active participant in the Social Media scene both with English and Spanish-speaking crowds. Kelly is the President of Working Art Media, and a member of the Latinas Unidas Board.
You can follow @LatinasUnidas on twitter at
Share with your friends: